Friday 13 March 2015

Friday Die Day

Hello friends

I'm ignoring yet again that it is Friday the 13th!
Didn't we have one a little while ago..?

For this week's Friday Die Day I'm featuring Out On A Limb.
It consists of 5 template pieces, branch, sign, birdhouse, leaves and birds.
This is how it looks cut/embossed.
(Apologies my photos are a little dark, it's been a busy week and
things were getting left to the last minute...night-time!)
Chocolate wrapper time!  Well it is nearly Easter.
I removed the original wrapper and used this as a template for brown cardstock
to wrap around the chocolate bar.
A rectangular piece of gingham card then placed over the top.
The branch and sign glued into place.
And then adding all the additional die cuts,
extra leaves, kissing birdies, the hearts from the birdhouse are so sweet.
Stamped message on the inner sign die cut and affixed with 3D Foam Squares.

A little while ago I also used the same set to create this card.

It's a very cute die set and available on the website here.

Take care friends and wishing you all a lovely weekend.
I'm off to visit a very good friend of mine in Milton Keynes and we are crafting!
 

21 comments:

Lynn said...

Morning Christine, what a lovely idea, my grand daughter would say the birds are 'cute'. Shall put the die set on my wish list. Have a good weekend crafting. Lynn xx

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Hi Christine.
Thank you I like seeing how the dies cut and the inspiration you give us,they are lovely. Have a great weekend, take care Kitty.

Sandra said...

Good Morning Christine,
I absolutely love thus cute die set, that tiny birdhouse is just so adorable! Perfect for you, I always think of when I see birdcages or butterflies, please Christine how on earth you managed to get to the end of that project and still have whole bar of Galaxy ?
My fine tip glue applicator arrived yesterday and there is no comparison, it's not until you see how fab the real Fine Tip is that you see that the cheap copies don't come close to it, so don't waste money on cheap substitutes, you are better off buying the original!
Love and hugs to all
Sandra zxxxxx

Bea said...

Hi Christine - wat a cute set - love the chocolate wrappers you have made with them. Have a good weekend @)

nattyboots said...

Very pretty Christine,nice idea to jazz up the easter chocolate gifts .
Elaine H X

PharmacyMichele said...

Lovely project & card. Great idea for Easter gifts.

Michele

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Another lovely project today,a great idea for Easter.
Thank you for FDD.
I hope you have a great weekend. Take care. x.

hazel young said...

Beautiful die set Christine, love the chocolate wrapper and card xx hazel

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Lovely ideas for this die I love them . thank you for the inspiration . love Jean Z xx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely cute gift wrapper and card, would be good for Easter.
Have a good day.
Lydia
X

marg said...

Good Morning Christine
What pretty Dies so sweet on the Chocolate. I have finished buying my Grandsons (4)their eggs.... now to decorate the bags!
Take care
Love Marg

ros hodgkins said...

Good morning Christine, I like the look of this die, a handy size too. X Ros

SusanP, Kent said...

What a fabulous 'make' with this gorgeous little die. I'm not sure that the chocolate would survive long enough for me to make a wrapper for it! I could give it a go - just for research, you understand.

Carole Z said...

OOh, this die from you arrived in the post today and I can't wait to use it, thanks for the inspiration, hugs Carole Z X

utilitygirl said...

Lovely Christine
Very pretty and cute too.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hello Christine
Love this little die set and am waiting until I get paid to order it. Great card and gift idea.
Take care
Lesley

Craftychris said...

Ooh this set is so cute and your wrapper and card are both gorgeous! xxx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, Awwww these are so, so, very cute.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

LoraineC said...

Such a lovely idea and such a cute die x

Littlelamb said...

Lovely project and card Christine,
. The chocolate is lovely ad well.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful chocolate wrapper, great dies xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...