Saturday 28 March 2015

Bird Houses

Hello friends

Spring is here and Easter is just around the corner so I thought I would share the bird house
project I created last year.  This is a nice idea for mini eggs. 
 
There is a template that you can download and print here.
  For the bird house, if you can, print directly onto your coloured cardstock -
this saves time sticking a printed copy sheet onto cardstock and cutting around.
You do also need to print one onto normal copy paper (I will explain why later).

You then need to decide if you would like your birdhouse to have a straight edge sides
or a curved bottom (!) this will dictate where you score. Cut out the template.
You need to cut the circle, I've used Standard Circles Sml.
There isn't a template for the roof, but it is very simple - cut a piece of card 
measuring 6" x 3¾", I chose to use kraft card.  
I wanted a pretty roof edge and used the scallop edge from Classic Edges One

 Fold the roof in half. 
 From the additional print of the template on copy paper just cut out the
front section of the birdhouse.  You can then achieve the weatherboard look by cutting
strips of card and adhering across.
 You may want to ink the edges slightly - I chose white.
Keep adding layers until you've covered the front.
 This is how the reverse looks.  Once dry trim around and die cut the circle.
You will be overlaying and attaching this to the front of the house.
 Returning to your template, score along the dotted lines, fold and assemble.
You can then pop the roof on and attach some decoration. Done!

And if you are Ann Morris you may need to make one for each of your 13 grandchildren!
I think she's done a fantastic job - they look superb, well done Ann and congratulations
on two more grandchildren on the way!
Take care friends - I'm back tomorrow.

24 comments:

AnneRD said...

Love these Christine, thank you for the template. Must dash, seven to make! Anne x

kittyedavies47@gmail.com said...

Morning All.
Thank you, brilliant bird house, well done Ann. Take care all Kitty. Happy Weeekend

Linda said...

Hi christine
Love the bird house only wish I had a little one who would appreciate one,but hang on I do have a hubby!!
Love and hugs
Linda

Stamping Bubbles said...

Morning Christine
Oh these bird houses are so cute and your step by step instructions make them look so easy. Must give them a go.
Enjoy your weekend
Lesley

PharmacyMichele said...

Beautiful project-I love it, just not got anyone to make one for, unless hubby counts! Might make him one just for the fun of it.

Michele

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! And Ann has done a great job x

Unknown said...

Love the tute, Christine, thanks for sharing. Bowled over by the 13 made for grandchildren, but then I'd be bowled over if I had 13 grandchildren!
(doubt if I could remember all those names!)

marg said...

Hello Christine
Thats a useful tutorial ..so pleased I don't have 13 Grandchildren... all those eggs to buy and then remember the names!!
Taylah is sad about the kitten, but she is 6 so her mind is easily distracted by Frozen...for a while anyway!
Take care
Love Marg

Carole Z said...

This is such a sweet project Christine and thank you for the template info and tutorial, have a lovely weekend, hugs Carole Z X

hazel young said...

Fantastic, can't believe how quick Easter has come upon us. Lovely idea and well done Ann they are lovely xx hazel

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, love the bird house and you make it look so easy, thank you love Jean Z xx

Unknown said...

Ohh how lovely Chritine. The template is really good and I think two our going to be made for my daughter and son in law.Thank you.
love Val in Spain x

nattyboots said...

A lovely project and Tutorial Christine,
Well done to Anne you did a great job.
Take Care
Elaine H X

JJ said...

Morning Christine,

Beautiful idea for putting eggs in and my someone has been busy, lovely she has made one for each grandchild how thoughtful.

Love &Hugs

Jacquie j xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

Sandra said...

Hi Christine,
Thank you so much for the template for the bird house,
I think it's a brilliant idea and can be decorated in so many different ways!
I am sure that Easter must get early this year, where are the weeks going?
Do you have plans for the Easter weekend Christine?
We don't as yet, we have been camping in the Easter holidays before but I think it must have when it was later in the month as it would be way too cold at the moment.
Anyway I must be getting on, thank you for my parcel Christine, your Dad's glue pot holder is genius and it's a little work of art, it has so much more charm when you know that someone special has handmade it, well worth the cost!
Love and hugs
Sandra xxxx

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A lovely little birdhouse, great tutorial, thank you.
Loved Ann's amazing work.
Lydia
X

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
What a brilliant idea, so thanks for the template. I'll have to give this a go.

karenlotty said...

Great idea Now is my daughter and fiancé too old for these....No! I don't have a circle die but I do have a D-Lites window which may work! More crafting - what a shame...

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
Love the bird house,thank you for the tutorial.
What an amazing job Ann has done making 13,they all look great.
I hope you are having a good day. Take care.

SusanP, Kent said...

Lovely project for Easter. Thank you for the template and your detailed instructions. I do like your additional foliage and the boarded effect.

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi Christine, A fabulous bird house, I'm loving your 'boarding' looks fabulous. Thank you for the template, I will be trying this.
Well done Ann, wow !!!!
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Patricia Howarth said...

Hi again Christine, I almost forgot, I spent the whole day watching Julia demo the beautiful Spellbinders dies, a fabulous, fabulous day.
Lots of love from Patricia xx

Unknown said...

Christine thanks for your generous coments and good wishes. I am overwhelmed by the lovely messages from your other blog followers thanks Ann

Clai01 said...

Hi Christine
looks great and a fantastic idea. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...