Thursday 4 December 2014

Have you heard???

Hello friends

Have you heard of Balsam Hill??
They are a company who make truly realistic Christmas trees, garlands and wreaths.
Lots of celebrities buy from them....and little me!
This is their Norway Spruce wreath, literally pulled out of the box -
I was really impressed with how full it was.
You can also buy them pre-lit for that extra festive touch.
Each spine can be tweaked and 'fluffed up'!
I set about making a decoration for my wreath, I didn't want to cover the whole thing as 
I love the greenery so a little addition was the order of the day.
I made the complete decoration on a piece of hessian/burlap fabric which is tied on with twine,
this means I can remove it to store flat or if I change my mind (most likely!) 
I can decorate the wreath differently next year.
Classic Heart cut from fabric - cuts like a dream when you use a Metal Shim.
I cut two, added a little stuffing and glued the edges with Fabri-Tac.
Layered Poinsettias cut from felt and a pretty brad added to the middle.
Take a hop over to Balsam Hill's website here,
I'm loving the pre-lit trees that slot together in three pieces and they just light up!
This year I wrestled with two sets of lights with two kittens hanging off them!

Take care friends and stop by tomorrow - it's Friday Die Day!

19 comments:

Diane said...

I have been looking at their website too. I am interested in one of their half trees. We are sometimes tight for space in our lounge when guests arrive, but I love a full size big bushy tree, so half a tree might be my answer. I am going to try to "adapt" our existing tree first, but may purchase one if things go wrong.

PharmacyMichele said...

The wreath looks so realistic. Lovely decoration on it.

Michele

Mrs B said...

Hi Christine. What a gorgeous wreath, you really wouldn't know it was artificial would you. I love the decoration too. I'm off to have a look at the Balsalm Hill site now. Have a good day at the office. Take care.

LoraineC said...

Well look at me so early in the morning, I should be getting ready for work! I love the look of this wreath, every year I want to make one and then run out of time this would solve my problem. Sorry I have missed a few comments a few family issues at the moment! I always check in to read. I love Bella enjoying the tree x

Val Jones said...

Ah this is so pretty Christine. Love the burlap. Just popping to their website.
Love Val in Spain x

Carole Z said...

very pretty wreath Christine, especially with your touch of burlap! Hugs Carole Z X

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous wreath ! Xx

Chris said...

Hi Christine,
I love your wreath and the simplicity of the decoration, it's just works so well.
Chris xx

Jean Z said...

Hi Christine, Very beautiful. love Jean Z xx

JJ said...

Ha Ha! Christine sounds like you are having a great time with the kittens, aren't they so funny at this age?

Love the wreath, I would not want to cover up the beautiful greenery either.

Love & Hugs

Jacquie J xxx
http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

nattyboots said...

Your Wreath is just lovely and a nice touch with your lovely decoration.
I keep having the image in my mind of you struggling with two sets of tree lights and two kittens hanging on ," Oh dear" haha .

Have a good day
Elaine h X

lydia jordan said...

Morning Christine,
A stunning wreath, I make mine each year which I do enjoy doing.
Lydia
X

utilitygirl said...

Lovely wreath Christine - less is more that's for sure

hazel young said...

Lovely wreath its great what you can do with a bit of felt some glue and dies x xhazel

Lacelady said...

You are right, Christine, that's the most impressive artificial wreath I've seen.

Pat S Witney said...

Hi Christine
You fooled me for a minute, I was wondering where the comments button had disappeared to. Anyway now found and what a stunning wreath. Love the decoration you have added to it. I'm off to the site to have a look.

SusanP, Kent said...

I have never heard of this company, but I'm very impressed by their very realistic wreaths. Thanks for the info Christine.

Lucycat said...

Hi Christine,
This wreath is extra special,both the loliage and your decoration,you are right you could not cover the foliage.I will pop over to their site and have a look. Take care. x.

Stamping Bubbles said...

Hi Christine
Your wreath is beautiful - so very realistic.
The trees on the website are stunning too.
Take care
Lesley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...